Sunday, March 4, 2012

Say hey!

Spring is here and there is new life in the garden as well as your WHS '70 Blog. For most of us winter is yesterday's news as we all look forward to the spring and summer months ahead. We're pleased to take a spot in you inbox with a new Blog update.
 
This month we take a step back in time to visit the hallways of Barron Avenue Jr. High, a memory of School #11, a moment of respect to a very talented artist that once called Woodbridge home, a red carpet hottie and at the risk of diluting the talent pool of this Blog...a classmate spotlight on yours' truly. From the outset of the Blog I was pestered by the girls (Cindy, Diane and Chris) to feature myself. The last thing I wanted was it to appear as self serving. They pushed, I resisted..they pushed harder, they won. So with that said, I apologize in advance...blame it on Cindy.
 
Let's see if you are able to identify our mystery classmate this time around. I'm pleased to see the fish are still alive...someone was kind enough to feed them. Our little Blog is nearing ten thousand hits since it conception. Not bad, eh?
 
I have heard from several of you asking if there are any plans in the works for a "two-year" reunion since we're turning the corner called "60". Honestly I don't know what the plans, if any, are. One thought that I have is to revisit the hood this fall and if anyone in the area would be interested in a casual, non formal gathering for a simple dinner somewhere without the hassle of bookings, DJ, hotel rooms, etc let me know. Keep it simple, everyone is responsible for their own costs and the focus is on enjoying each other's company over a nice meal. Your thoughts?
 
Before I close, we want to remind you this is YOUR Blog. We welcome all input and would love to receive any material, i.e. photos, articles, etc. that you would like us to share. In addition, anyone you know of that would be a good choice for a classmate spotlight...don't be shy.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment