Thursday, January 27, 2011

A thought...

We ran around this town of ours like two partners-in-crime. Senior hooky day, hitting the Staten Island bars (always with the assurance that Steve would cover my butt when my wise ass demeanor would invite trouble), attending many Rangers/Flyers hockey games and last but not least, countless late nights at the Reo Diner counter discussing all the attributes of the good looking WHS babes...my buddy being the late Steve Kondrk from Hopelawn. Without a doubt, one of the best friends I could ever ask for.

When I look back on my time spent at WHS my close friends come to mind first. Sadly Steve is one now listed in our "In Memoriam" below. However, I count my blessings for those years of his friendship afforded me. Steve's friendship is no exception though. I am certain that my story is not much different than many of you that have lost at least one of your WHS friends.

So with that said, I will simply suggest that this new site of ours be dedicated in spirit not only to Steve but to all of our WHS friends that have gone before us. They were an integral part of our school experience back then and today they still have a presence. They serve as a reminder to us all to appreciate the time we are afforded, especially the opportunity to continue our many other WHS friendships once established oh so many years ago.

With respect to all,

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment