Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Step Back in Time...


An iconic landmark in Woodbridge...where I suspect a few of us enjoyed our first "We may doze but never close" meal strapped into a high chair (booster seats weren't invented yet).

A staple throughout our life, the Reo Diner remains at the corner of Amboy Ave and Main Street to this day. Although many feel today that it has lost it's charm and suffered a dip in the quality of the food, we'll always lay claim to it as one of our most favorite destinations after a football game, date or dance.

I wonder if the "pizza burger" is still on the menu.

1 comment:

  1. I am a 1984 graduate of woodbridge high. My grandfather Bill Pappas was the original owner of the REO. The menu today incorrectly tells how the diner got it's name. My grandfather saw a truck going by with the name REO on it. Since it was only 3 letters he chose that name because the fewer letters the cheaper cost of the sign.

    ReplyDelete